A welcome email is the first email you send after someone subscribes to your list. It’s also a commonly overlooked opportunity to boost your revenues.
The welcome email is normally the most read email you will ever send. It’s common to see 400% more opens and 500% more clicks than a normal email campaign because recipients are so engaged with you.
How to make the most of the welcome email opportunity:
- Send it as soon as possible after a person subscribes, to maximise the opportunity for engagement.
- Include a bonus or incentive to add extra value to the reader (a great opportunity to exceed expectations).
- Have a clear goal for the email, for example:
- Drive purchases – use a special offer, voucher or simply showcase your most popular product
- Whitelisting – encourage readers to add you to their address book so you get better inbox placement
- Capture more information – use a competition or voucher incentive to get additional details
- Use a compelling subject line, ideally referencing the action they’ve just taken (i.e. joining your list)
The next step on from a welcome email is setting up a drip marketing (also called autoresponder) sequence of messages.
How to set up a welcome email in Sign-Up.to:
- Create your email in the same way as a normal campaign
- Then set up a Marketing Automation rule (Send > Marketing Automation) and choose the ‘When a subscriber is added to a list’ trigger
- Select the email you just created, and choose the time delay (we suggest ‘as soon as possible’)
- Save the rule, and you’re done.