Welcome to the ninth edition of the Rundown Report. There wasn’t a report last week, but you can catch up with the week before in our blog post from Friday 20th December. As always, we’ve been trekking through the pages of the best marketing blogs and news websites to find the most interesting and relevant articles for you. Don’t forget to come back here every Friday afternoon to get up to date with the online marketing and social media scene.
As it’s the first Rundown Report of 2014 we wanted to dedicate it to some of the best 2013 industry review and 2014 prediction articles, and since there wasn’t a report last week the selection of news and articles below are from the last couple of weeks.
Email marketing news and articles
- 9 things email marketers freaked out over in 2013 | We saw our fair share of email marketing changes in 2013. Matt Byrd has taken a look at the things that scared us the most!
- 10 email marketing musts | Are you about to kick off with your 2014 email marketing campaigns? Check out these 10 email marketing musts from Direct Marketing before you get started!
- Top 11 email marketing columns for 2013 | There were some great email marketing articles by Marketing Land in 2013. This report takes a look at the most popular articles, measured by Google Analytics page views.
Social media news and articles
- 3 social media trends you should know about | It’s time to start improving your social media plans for 2014. This article from Mashable teaches you about three trends you should be aware of.
- The biggest social media moments that got people talking in 2013 | There were some pretty big things discussed on social media last year. ReadWrite have taken a look at the biggest moments of 2013.
- Snapchat sees 4.6m usernames and numbers published as messaging service is hacked | We’re fairly used to seeing stories about website hacking in the news. This time, it’s Snapchat who have been targeted and reports are that some 4.6m users detail have been compromised. Brand Republic investigates.
Marketing news and articles
- Christmas 2013 ecommerce stats round up: John Lewis, Amazon and m-commerce | It’s been a big year for online retailers, especially around the festive period. This article from Econsultancy takes a look at how the big retailers have performed.
- What are the key trends for video advertising in 2014? | More and more companies are taking to YouTube to advertise their products through viral ads or sponsorships. These predictions from MarketingTech might help you know what you can expect from these ads in the year ahead.
- 4 ways retailers can ride the post-holiday wave to more sales | You’d be mad to think that once the Christmas rush is over you’re left without customers. In this post Entrepreneur tell you how you can easily boost your post-holidays sales.
- Spotify year in review 2013 | At Sign-Up.to we’re big fans of Spotify and this simple yet informative review website is great for seeing what the world of music in 2013 has been like. Make sure you log in to see how much music you’ve consumed this year – I’ve listened to over 35,000 minutes of music!
Image of the week
Trying to stay fit and healthy for 2014? This Chinese restaurant has got their marketing right when it comes to fortune cookies! Not sure I agree with them.
That’s all for the Rundown Report this week. Have a great weekend, and be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!