Welcome to the 17th edition of the Rundown Report. I’m back in the hot seat and bringing you up to date with the world of online marketing and social media from the past week. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!
Email marketing news and articles
- Gmail offers unsubscribe link and the world of email marketing comes to an end | Well, it’s not the end of email marketing, but the latest in a line of Gmail updates could impact on subscriber numbers. Econsultancy have taken a look at what this could mean for your email marketing.
- PNG, GIF, or JPEG? Which is the best image format for email? | Unsure which image format to use in your email marketing campaigns? This handy little guide from Litmus will tell you all you need to know.
- 6 ways you can build your email newsletter with social media | Social media profiles can be a great place to pick up new email subscribers. Check out this article from Deliverability to learn why and how to do it.
- 7 facts about responsive email on your mobile you need to know in 2014 | Still not sending out mobile-responsive email campaigns? This article from ClickZ shows you why it needs to become a priority!
Social media news and articles
- Eight impressive social campaigns we’ve seen so far in 2014 | This nice little article from Econsultancy highlights some of the year’s finest social media marketing campaigns. Check it out, and start using the tips on your own social media campaigns.
- Facebook quietly ends email address system | Do you use your Facebook email address? Did you even know you even had one? You won’t as of March, as Facebook are shutting down their email address system, first launched in 2010. BBC have picked up the story.
- 10 ways your brand can stand out on Twitter | Struggling to get noticed on Twitter? Check out this article from ClickZ on ways you can start standing out on the social network.
Marketing news and articles
- Moving beyond the banner ad | The age of website banner ad marketing is slowly dying. Check out these next-generation marketing tips for the modern marketer from Entrepreneur.
- 8 UX tools every digital marketer needs in their toolkit | It’s important to analyse and understand your marketing campaigns, and these tools, collated by Search Engine Watch, are perfect for doing just that.
- Mobile advertising: how to outperform your competition | As more and more people browse the Internet and check emails on mobile devices it’s important you run effective marketing campaigns aimed at this market. Find out how to destroy your competition with these tips from Marketing Pilgrim.
- I love you like a fat lady loves apples | This bizarre website challenges you to pick up and apple and feed to a slightly large lady sat at a table… Although it sounds simple, it can can be annoying, difficult, and all-in-all, very strange. One thing is for sure; it’s guaranteed to kill a couple of minutes, or hours.
Image of the week
This street art made me laugh. How much do you care about the number of followers you have, or the number of comments and likes you receive? Would zero interaction reduce you to tears?!
That’s all for the Rundown Report this week. Have a great weekend, and be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org!