As another action-packed week in the world of online marketing comes to an end, here’s our pick of this week’s marketing and social media news and articles.
Email marketing news and articles
- Tube strike Tuesday | The Tube strike brought commuting chaos to the streets of London this week, a topic used by a number of brands to market their products and services. This article from Email Design Review takes a look at some great email campaigns with a strike-themed message.
- 3 reasons to consider sending more emails | How often do you send out email marketing campaigns? Well, there’s a huge argument for sending more, and this article from eM+C shows you why.
- 5 signs you don’t have an email strategy | Having a strategy behind your email marketing efforts is important, even if it’s very loose. Not having a strategy could impact on the worth you get out of your campaigns. Not sure either way? Let ClickZ show you whether you have a strategy or not.
- 7 crucial KPIs for email marketing | A lot of companies use email marketing for a number of different things, not just selling. That being the case, it’s important to understand what works and what doesn’t. These KPIs from Practical Ecommerce should help you out.
Social media news and articles
- Coming to your Twitter feed: Ads that preview company websites | This week saw the rollout of new advert cards on Twitter, where users see a snapshot of a brand’s website before they click on the link in the Tweet. What are you thoughts on these latest updates?
- 18 of the best branded Vines of April 2014 | Vine seems to be gaining more and more ground, and it’s becoming increasingly popular amongst well-known brands who are getting very creative. Econsultancy have compiled some of the best Vines from the last month.
- Instagram posts get 120x Twitter engagement & 58x Facebook! | If your business isn’t on Instagram, this article will give you a good excuse to go and set that account up. Seriously, go and set that account up now… You’ll want to once you’ve read this article from Marketing Pilgrim.
Marketing news and articles
- 24 resources and tools to inspire digital marketing beginners | Are you new to the marketing scene or trying to ramp up your knowledge? This 24-point guide from Econsultancy should really help.
- A 5-step guide to proven content marketing success | Content marketing is becoming more and more important in today’s digital world, but grasping and conquering it can be tricky. Worry no more; check out this guide on ClickZ on content marketing success.
- 4 reasons why entrepreneurs should use interactive video for storytelling | Much like content marketing, interactive and viral videos can really help promote a business on the web. This article from Entrepreneur shows why video should be a real consideration.
- HexGL | This is a fantastic HTML5 game, much like Wipeout for the PlayStation (released in 1995), where you’re challenged to fly an anti-gravity ship-car-rocket-thing around a track. Great graphics and gameplay for a quick browser game. Beware, it gets quite addictive.
Image of the week
Yesterday Snapchat updated their app to now include chat, prompting people on Twitter to rename it ‘Snapchatchat’. This means you can now send text messages and video call other Snapchat users. As if we needed more ways to keep in touch with one another… Check out the official Snapchat blog post for more details.
That concludes this week’s Rundown Report. Be sure to visit us again next week for more news and interesting articles from the marketing world in another Rundown Report. Have a great weekend!