Welcome to the 19th edition of the Rundown Report. It’s been another busy week in the world of online marketing and social media, and as always we’ve been trekking through the best marketing blogs and news websites to find the most interesting and relevant articles for you to catch up on. Enjoy, and have a great weekend.
Email marketing news and articles
- How email marketers can make birthdays come more than once a year | A subscriber’s birthday can be a powerful targeting tool for an email marketer, but surely two birthdays are better than one? This interesting article from Marketing Land shows you how it can be achieved.
- Five ways to produce rock-solid email marketing campaigns | All great email marketers aspire to create the best campaigns possible, but it isn’t always that easy. Check out this article from CMS Wire on producing rock-solid email campaigns to please your subscribers.
- Who says email marketing trumps social media? Marketers do | Email marketing or social media? Which is your bag? Amongst marketers though, email marketing is considered much stronger than social media marketing at the moment. This article from B2C explains all.
Social media news and articles
- LinkedIn reaches 15 million UK users | LinkedIn’s membership numbers have continued to rise recently and they’ve just reached a staggering 15 million members here in the UK. That’s around a quarter of the UK population. B2B marketing have taken a look at the stats.
- Four reasons your brand posts are fading on Facebook | Have you noticed a decline in engagement on your Facebook Page updates? If so, you’re not alone. Post reach has plunged from 12.1% in October 2013 to 6.3% in February 2014. Ad Age has picked up the story.
- 10 social media tips to enhance your marketing, from the pros | Need some help with your social media marketing? This great article from Social Media Examiner has some great advice from some industry experts.
- The beginner’s guide to timing your social media sharing | The date and time you post a social media update has a big part to play in the engagement it receives. Knowing the best, or worst, times to publish your updates can really help, and that’s why this article from Marketing Pilgrim is so handy.
Marketing news and articles
- What are iBeacons and why they might change marketing? | If you’ve not yet heard of iBeacons, Apple’s latest marketing innovation, then you need to be aware of them. Check out this article from Econsultancy on all you need to know about this new technology.
- 5 magical tips Walt Disney can teach entrepreneurs about marketing | You’ll be surprised what you can take from Walt Disney when you look at his work with a marketing eye. Check out how you can apply Walt Disney’s methods to your own business using this article from Entrepreneur.
- How top ranking brands like Moz and HubSpot REALLY do SEO | SEO can be a very difficult subject to understand, and it seems everyone has a slightly different view on how best to do it. This article from Social Media Today shows you how the big brands really do SEO.
- eBaum’s World | This week’s boredom-buster is sure to kill those Friday afternoon blues. From crazy videos to hilarious cat GIFs, this website has it all. Be prepared to lose a large amount of time here, but in time you lose you gain a lot of laughter!
Image of the week
Following on from last week’s image of the week, I stumbled across the above image this week. It’s possibly one of the best copies of the now famous Oscars selfie that I’ve seen, and it’s clearly been made by someone with some serious balloon modelling talent! Have you seen a better recreation? Let me know.
That’s all for the Rundown Report this week. Have a great weekend, and be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org!