Welcome to the 14th edition of the Rundown Report. Catch up on this week’s online marketing industry goings-on through the following hand-picked news, stories and articles.
Email marketing news and articles
- Click, tap and touch: a guide CTA best practices | Stuck on how best to use calls to action in your email campaigns? Let this article from Litmus tell you what you need to know to increase those click-through rates.
- 10 tips for inspiring email love and long-lasting subscriber devotion | Permission-based email marketing is all about growing a relationship with your subscribers. Check out this guide from ClickZ on how to create that all-important subscriber relationship, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
- Study says a personalised subject line is the key to email success | Is personalisation good or bad? This latest survey, analysed by Marketing Pilgrim, shows the benefits of including personalisation in your subject lines.
- Could a relational database give your email marketing a significant edge? | Being able to really personalise an email campaign based on a subscriber’s activity and relationship with your business can really help boost open and click-through rates. Check out why in this article from Email Critic.
Social media news and articles
- Facebook celebrates 10th birthday | As Facebook celebrate their 10th birthday, B2B Marketing have taken a look at how they got to where they are today. However, is the future bright for the world’s biggest social network?
- Twitter reports $645m loss for 2013 | Twitter have announced some fairly unimpressive 2013 financial figures, just a few months after they entered the stock market. The BBC have taken up the story.
- Social media Super Bowl: did we break any records? | Social media always explodes with activity during the Super Bowl – it encapsulates audiences worldwide. Marketing Pilgrim have analysed the statistics to see what records, if any, were broken last week.
Marketing news and articles
- Your SEO checklist: 4 steps to optimising your website | If you’re in need of a helping hand ranking your website in Google (other search engines are available, who knew?) then check out this new article from Entrepreneur.
- Super Bowl XLVIII winners, losers and lessons | Did anyone else watch the Seahawks destroy the Broncos? There was a clear winner in that battle, but what about the world of marketing? ClickZ have taken a look.
- How the weather affects marketing | We’re experiencing some pretty crazy weather here in the UK at the moment. The question is, how does this weather affect how businesses market their products or services? In this article Marketing Week check out the facts.
- The faces of Facebook | Facebook now has over 1,279,000,000 (yep, that’s one billion, two hundred and seventy nine million) users, and that number is growing rapidly. To understand the pure scale of this, check out this website. It features the picture of every Facebook user and allows you to locate yourself as well as your friends!
Image of the week
A new game hit the scene this week, and it proves that experts really don’t know what consumers want. It’s Flappy Bird, and it’s most possibly the most frustrating game ever to grace smartphones around the world, but that hasn’t stopped it becoming a social media hit. Go on, give it try! (iOS | Android)
That’s all for the Rundown Report this week. Have a great weekend, and be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!