Along with the usual scatter of subjects covered this week in the blogosphere, one topic covered in more detail than most has been how to create effective copy for your email marketing campaigns – including subject lines, thank you pages, and of course, the main body of an email.
Here’s a few links to some of the more interesting articles on the subject:
- Short Or Long Copy In Newsletters: What’s The Smart Choice?
- Writing Compelling Email Marketing Copy
- Subject lines: Amazon’s lessons on personalization
- The Thank You Page Done Right
- What’s In A Welcome? 45 Welcome Emails From Top Retailers
There’s also been some interesting discussion on the topic of renting or buying lists of email addresses. Top of our list of email marketing recommendations, is of course, “Don’t steal (do not buy/rent/sell lists)”, and it seems that most of the industry more than agrees with this point of view.
It’s all about permission marketing, people: you can achieve much higher overall response rates with less expensive investments of time and money.Tags: best practises, content, copy, creative, list buying, list rental, Permission marketing, recommendations, subject lines, thank you pages, welcome emails