2016 Email Benchmark Summary
When you’re running a business in the UK, it can be difficult to find meaningful data to measure your marketing against. Reports on big businesses and US firms just aren’t that useful for most UK organisations. That’s why we created our UK email marketing benchmark. The 2016 report is our 8th annual report and contains more analysis and discussion than ever before.
For our 2016 benchmark report we analysed billions of emails sent through the Sign-Up.to platform between 1st January and 31st December 2015. These campaigns are from a range of small-to-medium-sized UK organisations and public sector departments.
The overall results for all sectors were:
• Open rate – 24.88%
• Click-through rate – 3.42%
• Unsubscribe rate – 0.52%
• Click-to-opens rate – 10.88%
• Unsubscribe-to-opens rate – 2.72%
Download the full free 33 page report for more detailed charts, insight and analysis, including:
• Open rate analysis
• Click-through rate (CTR) analysis
• How results for automated emails compare
• Campaign engagement
• Unsubscription rates
• Subscriber loyalty
• What’s changed since the 2015 edition ?
• How do open rates vary by device type (mobile/desktop)?
Key email metrics by industry sector
We’ve made the full 33-page benchmark report available as a handy print-out-and-keep, or save-for-later PDF version.
The 2016 report includes:
- • Full open, click-through and unsubscribe rates by industry sector
- • Clicks-to-opens – understanding customer engagement
- • Unsubscribes-to-opens – understanding customer loyalty
- • Device opens by industry, mobile vs desktop
- • Full analysis and handy tips for performance improvement
You can download your copy of the report by completing the form on the right-hand side of this page.
Looking for previous year’s versions of the report? They’re available in our archive.