We’re very happy to announce that we’ve just released the brand-spanking-new Sign-Up.to User interface. This is live for all customers now!
We’ve been developing Sign-Up.to for over 5 years now, so this update was a much needed opportunity to tidy up a few inconsistencies that had crept in over the years and to introduce some new design conventions to make things easier to understand and use.
We haven’t made any major changes to the basic functionality of the system (although this update does pave the way for some great new features we’ll be releasing very soon) this update has been focused on the ‘look and feel’ of the system and is the culmination of several months of work by the design, support and development teams.
We’ve used a lot of customer feedback (a huge thanks to everyone who sent in suggestions) to help make certain features easier to understand and use, so we hope you’ll enjoy the update.
Personally I really enjoy getting involved in the UI design for our applications as it’s a real mix of art and science, which makes it a real challenge and more than a little interesting.
A few of the changes we’ve made:
- We’ve made the design elements much more consistent throughout, to make important elements easier to identify. As we developed new sections a few inconsistencies that niggled us had crept in.
- All of the buttons have been overhauled to make them clearer and, well, more shiny.
- We’ve enlarged the text and icon elements to make things easier to use on high resolution screens.
- The Capture section has been updated, we’ve changed the way that we refer to ‘Categories’ to make their usage more obvious – they’re now called ‘Folders’. We’ve also change the buttons in this section to make the key functions more accessible.
- The layout of campaign reports in Track has been improved – the name of the campaign and the date are now clearly shown at the top of the report, and the options to email the report and target by action are now clearly displayed.
- Help text throughout has been generally improved, made more consistent and jargon-free.
- We’ve given the whole feel of the interface a general overhaul and refreshed the colours and fonts to make things clearer and easier to use.
We hope you like the update. As always we really welcome all feedback, so please let us know what you think!