I often have clients telling me they hit a brick wall when coming up with content for their campaigns. So here are a few tips to get your creative juices flowing to keeping your subscribers engrossed in your emails!
1. Keep a diary with you at all times. If you’re anything like me you’ll forget the things that happened to you or you did last week, and more recently things I did just yesterday unless you write them down. You may hear something on the radio, see something on TV that your subscribers might also find interesting. It’ll also give you the chance to show a bit of human element to your campaigns…..they don’t have to be all business.
2. Give yourself time. If you know when you’re planning to send your next campaign allow yourself the time to work out the content, come up with new ideas maybe even give your template a lick of new paint freshen it up a little (it is spring after all). We’ve got ideas galore for new template designs why not ask us.
3. Find some creative space. Some of my best ideas come while I’m in the shower……now I’m not saying you should pen your next campaign in the shower but I’m sure there’s a park, room at home or maybe even your local library that will unlock the door to the perfect campaign.
4. Set the mood. Dim the lights, light some scented candles, put on that Barry White CD……..that’s how I get into the mood for Call of Duty on the PS3, but the same goes for writing an email. Last.fm is a great place to find music to inspire creative thoughts. I’m not advocating drinking but sometimes after an ice-cold beer my ideas start to flow.
5. Leave your comfort zone. Try writing about something you wouldn’t usually touch on. Go to sites like Twitter or Facebook and see what everybody else is talking about (using our new integration tool you’ll be able to post your latest campaign direct to your own twitter page!). By doing something different your subscribers won’t just associate your emails with your business but with quirky features they wouldn’t mind forwarding to their mates, all of a sudden your readership will grow exponentially.
Hopefully these pointers will help, and if you have some ideas of your own why not comment on this block to share with others.