Welcome to the eighth edition of the Rundown Report. Weren’t able to catch up last week? Make sure you head over to our last blog post to catch up now! We’ve been searching the web for the latest news from around the world of online marketing and social media and have collated some of the most interesting articles below. Make sure you check out the Rundown Report every Friday to keep up-to-date with the online marketing and social media scene.
Email marketing news and articles
- What to do with long-term inactive email subscribers? | If you’re not engaging with a subscriber you could argue what’s the point of emailing them at all. This article from ClickZ should help you know how to proceed best.
- 13 ways to improve email unsubscribe | While not ideal, it’s a fact that subscribers do unsubscribe from time to time. GetElastic take a look at the best ways of making the unsubscribe process user-friendly, while making best effort to retain them.
- Tips for executing effective & unique holiday emails | Got a last minute Christmas email campaign to send out? Check out these tips from Deliverability.com on effective and unique festive campaigns.
Social media news and articles
- Twitter’s latest ad grab: promoted accounts in your timeline | We’ve seen a lot of updates to advertising on Twitter over the past few months and it seems we’ve not seen the end of it. Readwrite look in to the latest update.
- Foursquare bounces back with $35 million in new funding | Foursquare seems to have been a bit quiet recently; however, after recently securing additional funding of $35 million we could see a rejuvenated app very soon. The Verge have taken a look.
- Vanity URLs coming to Twitter’s Vine users December 20th | There are more updates coming to Vine! Woohoo! This time it’s vanity URL’s. ClickZ tells you all you need to know.
Marketing news and articles
- Wikipedia and SEO: what every digital marketer needs to know | Ever noticed that Wikipedia pages generally appear at the top of search results? There’s a big link between Wikipedia and SEO – Econsultancy explains all.
- Content marketing spend set to rise | Content marketing has been a bit of a buzz phrase in 2013; however, it’s far from over. Stats show that spend on this marketing activity is only set to increase. B2B Marketing have taken a look.
- #Forward50: the 50 biggest trends driving the future of marketing | Marketing Magazine have put together this fantastic list of trends for digital marketing, known as the ‘Forward 50’. Check them out.
- Staggering Beauty | This little beauty is one of the strangest things I’ve come across on the Internet. Don’t forget to shake him vigorously to see him go mental. Someone has too much time on their hands…
Image of the week
Today is National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day at Sign-Up.to. What better way to finish off the last Rundown Report before Christmas with a festive shot of the ugly Christmas jumpers!
That’s all for now, folks. Have a great Christmas! There’s not going to be a Rundown Report next week as we’re probably going to be drowning in festive spirit. Make sure you come back on 3rd January 2014 for the next report. Got any ideas of things we should feature in the next report? Email your suggestions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!