Welcome to the fourth edition of the Rundown Report. Missed last week’s report? Don’t worry; you can catch up on all of the news and articles from last week via our blog. We’ve been searching the web for the latest news from around the world of online marketing and social media and have collated some of the most interesting articles below. Make sure you check out the Rundown Report every Friday to keep up-to-date with the online marketing and social media scene.
Email marketing news and articles
- 10 things to avoid using in your email subject lines | Your subject line can ultimately make the difference between someone opening or your email and someone dispensing it into the trash folder. Take a look at these tips from Econsultancy to help prevent the latter.
- The best kept secret for email campaign feedback | Looking for feedback on your recent email campaign? Check out this recent article from Matt Byrd on how gaining feedback is easier than you might think.
- How to maintain your email list | Email marketing isn’t all about building your subscriber list; you need to maintain the subscribers you have. This article from Boomerang takes you through how to keep your subscribers, well, subscribed.
- Four ways to segment email subscribers for the holidays | We’re in one of the busiest shopping times of the year, with many companies calling on email marketing to communicate their festive offers. This article from Marketing Land advises on the best ways to segment your data to hopefully see sales increase.
Social media news and articles
- LinkedIn launches Showcase Pages | Long known as the social network for professionals, LinkedIn has gone one step further by allowing companies to create better marketing strategies through their new ‘Showcase’ pages. B2B Marketing looks in to the new update.
- Pinterest ‘Place Pins’ put travelers on the map | A new way to plan your holidays has arrived! This week Pinterest announced new ‘Place Pins’ which allow users to plot where pictures were taken. ReadWrite have been looking at the update.
- This prank makes you think twice about sharing your life on social media | Are you careful about what information you put on your social media profiles? This video will really make you think twice about what you share.
Marketing news and articles
- Tips to engage and interact via seven digital channels | Engaging and interacting with customers and prospects can sometimes be difficult. Check out this little guide from Email Yogi on engaging via seven digital channels.
- 5 ways to keep customers knocking on your door for more | Something most businesses aim for is to obtain a high rate of return business. Let this guide from Entrepreneur teach you how to make this happen, over and over again!
- Microsoft launches anti-Google merchandise line ‘Scroogled’ | Microsoft and Google have always had an element of rivalry between them; however, Microsoft seem to have gone to the next level with this new clothing range.
- TwistedSifter | As a personal favourite of mine, TwistedSifter is all about sharing striking imagery. Updated almost daily, there’s never a shortage of amazing and awe-inspiring things to look at.
Image of the week
Umm, well this is an interesting marketing strategy. A recent email sent by Spirit Airlines, an American low-cost carrier. What would you think if you received this email?
That’s all for now, folks. Have a great weekend, and make sure you check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to me at email@example.com!