Welcome to the tenth edition of the Rundown Report. Weren’t able to catch last week’s report? Don’t worry, you can head over to the previous post to take a look at the best 2013 industry review and 2014 prediction articles. As always, we’ve been trekking through the pages of the best marketing blogs and news websites to find the most interesting and relevant articles for you. Don’t forget to come back here every Friday afternoon to get up to date with the online marketing and social media scene.
Email marketing news and articles
- 5 New Year’s resolutions for your email habits that’ll work wonders | Kick off the New Year with some great resolutions for your email marketing activities. Check out these ideas from Deliverability.
- The golden rule in email is relevance | This great article from ClickZ takes you through email relevance and why it really is key to success through this marketing channel.
- Email marketing: what makes people unsubscribe? | It’s a very valid question. Luckily, the folks at Econsultancy have written this article on why people unsubscribe from email campaigns.
Social media news and articles
- Introducing Jelly | There are a few new social networks out there trying to take the crown from Facebook and Twitter. This week it’s the turn of Jelly, a new social search app from ex-Twitter employees. Check out this article for more details on what it’s all about.
- How Facebook news feed changes will affect your brand | Recent changes to the Facebook news feed algorithm could impact your business Page updates. Econsultancy have taken a look.
- 2014: The year social media hits puberty | Who knows what’ll happen with social media in 2014? In this article, Social Media Today take a stab at what they think is going to happen.
Marketing news and articles
- P&G goes viral with tear jerking Winter Olympics ad – prepare to sob! | This week we’re taking a look at some great viral ads, specifically the ones mentioned in this nice article by The Drum.
- 4 amazing startups marketers need to watch in 2014 | When working in marketing it’s important to stay ahead of the latest trends and services. Marketing Pilgrim have checked out the ones to watch over the coming months.
- 7 simple steps to writing product descriptions that sell | Struggling to write interesting, informative and engaging product descriptions? This article from Entrepreneur should solve all of your problems.
- Koalas to the Max | We all love koalas, right? Well, banish the boredom by unveiling the koala. Can you work out how to do it?
Image of the week
This was captured by someone on holiday in China. This little chap is either an Apple fan-boy from a very young age or this is some kind of strange Apple marketing campaign.
That’s all for the Rundown Report this week. Have a great weekend, and be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to me at email@example.com!