Welcome to the 12th edition of the Rundown Report. Missed last week’s roundup? You can still catch up via our previous blog post. As always, we’ve been trekking through the pages of the best marketing blogs and news websites to find the most interesting and relevant articles for you. Don’t forget to come back here every Friday afternoon to get up to date with the online marketing and social media scene.
Email marketing news and articles
- 3 tips for maintaining customer engagement in the inbox | Maintaining engagement with your customers is important when it comes to successful email marketing. These tips from ClickZ will help you learn how.
- Seven super exciting predictions for boring old email marketing in 2014 | Email marketing may seem old and boring, but that’s far from the truth. Econsultancy have taken a look at some promising 2014 predictions.
- Survey: email is 40 times more effective than Facebook and Twitter | This article from Entrepreneur shows that email marketing has far from lost its attractiveness when compared to social media.
- 5 ways to kick start your email marketing this year | Looking for a little helping hand getting your 2014 campaigns off the ground? If so, you need to check out these tips from Marketing Land.
Social media news and articles
- Facebook is about to get more friendly – just not to brands | More changes on Facebook mean that text-based business updates get downgraded. ReadWrite have taken a look at what this means for your business Page.
- Three ways brands can get the most out of Jelly | Last week we mentioned the new social network to hit the scene, Jelly. Marketing Magazine have taken a look at how brands can start using it for marketing purposes.
- 5 pervasive myths about Google+ | Don’t believe everything you hear about Google+ online. This article from Social Media Today will help dispel any myths you have had heard.
Marketing news and articles
- 5 SEO trends every entrepreneur needs to know for 2014 | The best SEO methods are always changing. Check out this article from Entrepreneur on some of the top 2014 trends.
- Testing, testing, Facebook tests their own mobile ad network | The new Facebook ad network is almost here, and this week they’ve been testing it. Marketing Pilgrim have taken a look.
- Why high street retailers continue to lose out to digital [infographic] | Increases in online shopping and decreases in high street shopping are a growing trend. This infographic lets you understand how it maps out.
- Procatinator | As an office of cat GIF lovers this website really appeals to us. This little beauty serves up a different and amusing cat GIF with a fitting soundtrack every time you refresh the page. Enjoy!
Image of the week
This image of the new toilets at the Winter Olympic village has gone viral on Twitter over the last couple of days. Would you want to share this toilet?!
That’s all for the Rundown Report this week. Have a great weekend, and be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to me at email@example.com!