It’s time for another Rundown Report, so catch up on another week of interesting articles from around the marketing and social media world below.
Email marketing news and articles
- A new, more visual way to view your Promotions tab | This week saw the announcement of more changes to Google’s email service, Gmail. This time it’s the Promotions tab, and it’s quite a big design update. The official Gmail blog has all you need to know.
- 3 ways to maximise email marketing results this year | Are you looking to maximise your email marketing return? Well, of course you are! These three tips from Kara Trivunovic at ClickZ should help you along the path to statistical greatness. Boom.
- Inside the customer’s mind: harnessing mental momentum in your online marketing | This very informative post on Email Monday is well worth a read, especially if you’re into the psychology of marketing.
Social media news and articles
- What do we get out of brands interacting with each other on Twitter? | More and more big brands are interacting with each other on Twitter. It’s often very amusing, but what do we actually get out of it? This article from Econsultancy takes a look, and provides you with some great brand conversation examples.
- Twitter expends their image options with multiples and photos tagging | It’s official: Twitter now allows you to tag images as well as upload multiple images per Tweet. Exciting times. Find out more in this article from Marketing Pilgrim.
- A sound social media strategy is imperative | Are you trying to take social media marketing seriously? Well, this comprehensive article from Social Media Today shows you the importance of having a good marketing strategy.
Marketing news and articles
- 10 quick ways to increase your ad’s clickthrough rate | This article from Entrepreneur has some great tips for increasing clickthrough rates and it’s well worth a read for anyone in the marketing industry. You’ll be surprised by a few of the statistics.
- 33 compelling statistics that will power your marketing strategy | These statistics are must-have knowledge for any online marketer. Apparently 57% of marketers have obtained a customer through their blog, and Tweets with 1-2 hashtags get 21% higher average engagement. Now you know…
- How to use the ‘Rule of Three’ to increase email ROI | It’s as easy as one, two, three. That might actually be the case when it comes to online marketing. This article from Econsultancy shows how making things into an easy 3-step process can really help a customer’s journey and improve ROI.
- Sandtrap | Fancy yourself as a bit of a gamer? See how quickly you can empty the sand out of the maze in this fun little HTML 5 game. Enjoy!
Image of the week
Images like the one above have been on most marketing and technology blogs this week following Facebook’s acquisition of Oculus VR, a virtual reality gaming company. They paid $2bn (around £1.2bn) for the company, and for some it seems like a strange move for the social network. What does this mean for social media, and of course marketing?
That concludes another Rundown Report. Be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news and interesting articles from the marketing world. Have a great weekend!