Another long weekend followed by a busy week in the world of online marketing and social media. Let the articles below bring you up to speed on what’s happened this week.
Email marketing news and articles
- 26 things every email marketer thinks when pressing ‘send’ | I’ve certainly been through each of these stages when sending out an email campaign. How about you? Check out this entertaining article from Matt Byrd.
- Agile creative: the future of email? | Who knows exactly where email marketing will go over the coming months and years, but this interesting article from Econsultancy makes a good point for agile email campaigns.
- 7 must-have email marketing features | So, your business is doing email marketing, right? Are you actively using all of these email marketing features? This handy article from PracticalEcommerce shows you the features you should be using and how you should be using them.
- Fun with email fundamentals | If you’re new to email marketing or just want to get your campaigns up to scratch this article from ClickZ will be of real use to you. Learn the fundamentals of email marketing and improve your emails.
Social media news and articles
- 6 reasons social media is your secret weapon in customer service | There are a number of reasons why your business should consider using social media as a customer services tool. From real-time feedback and engagement to keeping customers up to date and building trust, this article from Entrepreneur explains all.
- Want to reach a young audience? Snapchat might be the next big thing | Once thought to be used by the younger generation to send selfies, Snapchat is actually now being used by bigger brands to engage their younger audience. This article from Marketing Pilgrim shows you why you should consider using it also.
- Why all brands should be monitoring social media | Do you monitor your business reputation on social media websites? Find what’s being said and how to search for it with a little help from Social Media Today.
Marketing news and articles
- If you’re not following these tips, no one will click on your pay-per-click ads | If you’re running pay-per-click ads online you need to check out these tips from Entrepreneur – without this you could be losing out on money.
- Do not forget to leverage the abandoned transaction | Acknowledging and acting on abandoned transactions could easily lead to increased conversions. This interesting article from Email Yogi shows you the most common reasons for people abandoning their baskets, as well as ideas on how you can turn them into customers.
- 64% of shoppers would like to receive targeted coupons on their smartphones while shopping in-store | With the development of technologies such as the iBeacon, retailers are starting to entertain the use of such tech in their stores. In a recent study it was found that shoppers would welcome this change. See all the facts in this article from The Drum.
- Contre Jour | This popular smartphone game is now available to play in your web browser! The aim of the game is to get the blob (Petit) to the end marker by manipulating the environment around it.
Image of the week
This week saw the introduction of #AmazonCart – a new way for Amazon customers to add products to their shopping carts using Twitter. This is a whole new way of using social media, and something which could set the precedence for how social networks are used in future.
That concludes this week’s Rundown Report. Be sure to visit us again next week for more news and interesting articles from the marketing world in another Rundown Report. Have a great weekend!