Feeling a little sluggish after a long weekend of eating chocolate? Well, we’ve brought the world of marketing and social media to you this week so you don’t have to move… Here’s the Rundown Report!
Email marketing news and articles
- The disconnect between transactional and promotional emails | Automated and transactional emails are often sent through a completely different system than marketing emails, but there are many reasons why this shouldn’t be the case. Find out more in this article from Marketing Land.
- How to code HTML5 video background in email | Email design is becoming a lot more advanced with HTM5, and this campaign from the guys at Litmus really impressed me this week. Introducing video in email. Here’s how they did it.
- Attack of the 1160 pixel women | A trend in clothing retailer emails was spotted by Email Snarketing this week. It seems we have an invasion of 1160 pixel women in several email campaigns. What are your thoughts on this design trend?
- The 2 things email marketing experts are doing in 2014 | So, you want to know exactly what the best email marketers in the business are doing this year? Check out this article from Tech Cocktail to find out what they’re doing and how you can do it too.
Social media news and articles
- 10 types of visuals to boost your social media engagement | Images help improve social media post engagement: fact. There are a few different image options, however. This article from ClickZ explains what they are and how best to use them.
- Facebook CTRs, comments and shares are all up; so why are marketers so unhappy? | Recent statistics from Facebook show that Page interaction is on the up, despite businesses complaining that Facebook simply doesn’t work for them anymore. So what’s going on? Marketing Pilgrim have taken a look.
- 19 social media facts that every marketer should know | Hopefully you’ve recognised the impact of social media by now. This video, shared by Mashable, shows just how big an impact social media has on our world.
Marketing news and articles
- 15 ways for companies to increase customer lifetime value | All companies should be in the market for increasing a customer’s lifetime value. That being the case, it’s important you give yourself the best chance to do so. Econsultancy have looked into this in detail, and it’s well worth a read.
- Pitching practice: A PR checklist for early-stage startups | Are you just starting out in business? Entrepreneur have put together this handy list of things to consider and complete when starting out.
- Are digital dead ends sabotaging your conversion rates? | Poor user experience and digital dead ends can be very frustrating for prospective customers. This article from ClickZ explains how this might be harming your conversation rates.
- The Wiki Game | Wikipedia is one of the single most amazing things on the Internet. Have you played the Wiki game, though? All you have to do is race from one article to the other, only using links from within articles themselves. You can also learn the rules and play without a time limit.
Image of the week
This week has seen the introduction of the Google Maps time machine. You can now scroll back through time to see how a view has changed – pretty amazing stuff. Whenever you see a clock icon you can start rolling back time!
That concludes another Rundown Report. Be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news and interesting articles from the marketing world. Have a great weekend!