Welcome to the seventh edition of the Rundown Report. Missed last week’s report? Head over to our last blog post to catch up. We’ve been searching the web for the latest news from around the world of online marketing and social media and have collated some of the most interesting articles below. Make sure you check out the Rundown Report every Friday to keep up-to-date with the online marketing and social media scene.
Email marketing news and articles
- Gmail adds image caching: what you need to know | Google have announced some big changes to their email client this week, so Litmus have taken a look at what this means for your email marketing campaigns. Get our thoughts on these updates via our blog.
- Really bad email marketing, “Now why did I receive that campaign!” | It’s important to send out useful, engaging and relevant emails to maintain subscriber numbers. This interesting article from Email Yogi explains why.
- 7 myths of email marketing (infographic) | The world of email marketing is full of myths. Entrepreneur have picked up this infographic aimed at banishing them to the recycle bin.
- 5 reasons to capture emails in social | We’re very much advocates of collecting email addresses via your social media channels – we created an app to do just that. ClickZ give you 5 reasons why you should be doing this.
Social media news and articles
- LinkedIn reveals best company pages of 2013 | More and more businesses have taken to LinkedIn in the past year. This years top company pages have been announced and B2B Marketing have taken a look.
- Facebook considers sympathy button, YouTube reveals top trends and Pinterest gets into news | The Drum take a look at some of the up-and-coming social updates as well as other industry news and statistics.
- What the ‘Anchorman 2’ campaign can teach us about social media marketing | There has been a huge marketing push to support the launch of Anchorman 2. Forbes have detailed what can be learnt from their social media campaign.
Marketing news and articles
- 4 game-changing digital marketing predictions for 2014 | Next year is set to be a big year for digital marketing. ClickZ have compiled some predictions of what they think might happen.
- 32 experts share their best blog post promotion tips | Promoting a new blog can sometimes be difficult. Luckily for you, Kikolani have compiled the thoughts of 32 expects to help you along the way.
- SaaS subscriptions: what does a persuasive pricing page look like? | It’s a challenge for every SaaS business – creating a helpful and persuasive pricing page. Econsultancy have found some great examples which are well worth a look.
- Kanye vs Creative Director | Kanye West has been saying some pretty stupid things recently – that’s why someone has created the fantastic website. Can you tell which comments came from Kayne and which came from a Creative Director? You’ll be surprised by some of them.
Image of the week
Data protection is a big topic of discussion at the moment, especially across the pond. This full-page advert/letter appeared in papers across America this week making it clear to Washington where the big brands stand. Interesting tactics.
That’s all for now, folks. Have a great weekend, and make sure you check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to me at email@example.com!