Welcome to the 11th edition of the Rundown Report. Weren’t able to read through last week’s report? No worries – you can still catch up on these news stories and interesting articles on our blog. As always, we’ve been trekking through the pages of the best marketing blogs and news websites to find the most interesting and relevant articles for you. Don’t forget to come back here every Friday afternoon to get up to date with the online marketing and social media scene.
Email marketing news and articles
- Using email marketing to reach booming mobile markets | As campaign opens across mobile devices continue to increase it’s important you seize those mobile markets. This article from ClickZ tells what you need to know.
- Four email marketing standards to ignore in 2014 | With mixed messages coming from various sources across the web on email marketing best practices, this article from Business 2 Community tells you what to ignore!
- 5 surprising email marketing lessons from the Golden Globes | Who knew the Golden Globes could teach us a thing or two about email marketing? Not convinced? Check out this article from Email Critic.
Social media news and articles
- Four steps to achieving your social media goals | It’s the time of year where you start setting goals for your online marketing activities, social media included. In this article from Social Media Examiner you’ll learn how to ensure you achieve them.
- Why Google+ will demand our attention in 2014 | It’s never really taken off, but Google+ could be in for a good 2014 according to this article from Social Media Today. Do you think they’re right?
- Twitter rolls out new design with only one significant change | This week saw the release of a slight Twitter re-design. Marketing Pilgrim have taken a look at what has actually changed and what it means for you.
Marketing news and articles
- Five quick tips to enhance consumer engagement | Are you struggling to engage consumers? This simple, yet useful article from Email Yogi should help learn the basics and start engaging with prospective customers.
- 3 mobile marketing trends for 2014 | Mobile advertising is on the increase, and if you’re going to succeed in this arena you need to keep up to date with the latest trends. Let this article from Sci-Tech Today take you through a couple of the 2014 mobile marketing trends.
- Digital marketing and ecommerce trends for 2014 by Econsultancy CEO Ashley Friedlein | Continuing on the 2014 trends front, this informative article from the Econsultancy CEO is really helpful at bringing you up to speed.
- LOL Wall | Ever feel you’re short of funny, fascinating and frivolous imagery? Worry no more – LOL Wall will surely feed your desire. Beware – this website could potentially consume a lot of your time.
Image of the week
It seems everyone is on Facebook these days. What would you do if you got a friend request from Jesus? I’d probably just freak out!
That’s all for the Rundown Report this week. Have a great weekend, and be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to me at email@example.com!