I know, I know, it’s Thursday. But tomorrow I plan on chilling in a pub garden with a pint of cider and celebrating the Easter holidays, so I thought I’d bring you this week’s Rundown Report a day early. Without further ado, here’s my pick of the week’s online marketing news and articles.
Email marketing news and articles
- Breathing life into email campaigns | Think email is dead? Think again. Statistics show that email is as strong as ever, and revenue from email marketing is on the up. You may just need to put life back in your campaigns, and this article from Social Media Today can help you do just that.
- Triggered email messages: keys to success | Triggered email messages receive very good statistics. If you need some help though, this handy little article from the people at ClickZ shows you how to get the most out of your triggered emails.
- Four successful case studies to grow your email list | Are you looking to grow your subscriber database? This article from Email Yogi has some great user examples of how you can quickly and effectively grow your database.
- How removing a featured newsletter article increased CTR 13% | The great people at Litmus recently embarked on a little experiment with their latest newsletter. By removing the highlighted feature article in their email they managed to increase clicks by 13%. Find out more in their latest blog post.
Social media news and articles
- Facebook has made new algorithm updates: spammy social marketers beware | Facebook has made some further changes to their News Feed algorithm, which Social Media Today thinks have been a long time coming. Find out what has changed and how it might affect your business.
- LinkedIn generates the most revenue for B2B brands | Have you been wondering where to focus your social media marketing attention? Well, check out these statistics from B2B businesses on how LinkedIn generates income compared to the likes of Twitter and Facebook.
- A guide to the best times to post on social media (infographic) | There are a number of articles out there on the best times to publish your social media updates, but this little beauty from Entrepreneur shows each channel along with the best and worst times to publish your posts. Pretty handy.
Marketing news and articles
- Marketing platforms: the time is now | We’ve seen a lot of change in the marketing world over the past few years, but that isn’t about to stop. This article from ClickZ looks at why this rate of change isn’t going to be slowing down, so you better get used to it!
- Which marketing channel gives you the most bang for your click | Knowing where to spend your marketing budget can be a challenge. Check out this infographic from Retail Solutions Online on which digital marketing channel is likely to give you the biggest bang for your buck.
- It’s the year of the mobile but not the mobile ad | As the use of smartphones continues to rise you’d think that mobile advertising was the way forward, right? Well, that might not be the case right now. Check out this article from Marketing Pilgrim to find out more.
- The Oatmeal | A personal favourite of mine, The Oatmeal is a collection of genuinely hilarious comics, often about subjects we can all relate to. Take a look, but be prepared to laugh out loud and make yourself look like an idiot in the office!
Image of the week
It has been hard to avoid the word ‘Heartbleed’ on the Internet this week, and the associated image has been displayed on pretty much every news feed, tech blog and marketing website. So, what exactly is Heartbleed and why is it so important? Check out this article from Engadget to learn more.
That concludes another Rundown Report. Be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news and interesting articles from the marketing world. Have a great Easter break!