It’s been another busy week in the world of marketing and social media. Good job the Rundown Report is here to bring you back up to date then, eh?
Email marketing news and articles
- Gmail continues to shift the marketing share landscape | I’m a big fan of the Litmus email statistics video updates. In this episode we learn about Gmail’s open increase, and a change in the top 10 email client standings.
- 5 things every email marketer should know | Email marketing isn’t simply creating and sending an email campaign. A lot happens behind the scenes and there’s so much to think about. This article from ClickZ explains the background behind email marketing, so now you know.
- 3 email marketing goals you should stop ignoring | Every business has different goals when it comes to marketing activity; however, there are three goals every business shouldn’t be ignoring. Learn what they are and how you can achieve them in this article from Search Engine Journal.
- Thumbs up Thursday: welcome emails | We’re fans of a good subscriber welcome email, but creating a great email and making the right first impression can be tricky. This recent article from Email Snarketing takes a look at some of the welcome emails sent out by big companies.
- 5 secrets to email marketing success for small business | Are you looking for email marketing success? Well, of course you are… You’ll find this article on email marketing success from Social Media Today very handy.
Social media news and articles
- How to market your branded Facebook page | Trying to drive more traffic to your Facebook business Page? One of the best ways is to use the advertising tools available to you on Facebook. This article from Econsultancy takes a look at the different advertising options and which ones are most successful.
- Coming soon: a whole new you, in your Twitter profile | Twitter has officially announced a change in its profile design. They started rolling out the new design on Tuesday. Find out more in this official Twitter blog post.
- The year ahead: 5 social media trends every entrepreneur needs to know | A lot happens in the social media marketing in one year, but there are always a few key things that all small business owners should know to stay on top of their social audiences. Check out this article from Entrepreneur on the things you need to be aware of in 2014.
Marketing news and articles
- The best way to get consumers to sign up for your digital marketing program | Want to get more people signed up to your digital marketing programs? Well, you’re in luck. This article from Email Yogi shows how to do just that using the key consumer influences – intrigue, incentives, necessity, value and aspiration.
- 40+ tools & tips to execute a winning content strategy | Content marketing has become an important subject in the marketing world, so it’s important any marketer is on top of what it is and how it works. These tools and tips from Search Engine Watch should help you get going.
- GeoGuessr | How well do you know the world? Test yourself to locate the places shown on screen and see how far away you are. Oh, and try not to use Google to search for clues! Some would consider that cheating…
Image of the week
This week’s image has to be Twitter’s latest re-design, which has received mixed reviews from Twitter users. Many people are saying the update makes Twitter more like Facebook and removes the simplicity – something users liked about the previous design. Let us know your thoughts on this re-design in the comments section below.
That concludes another Rundown Report. Be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news and interesting articles from the marketing world. Have a great weekend!