Ready for your weekly hit of marketing news and articles? Well, you’re in the right place. Check out our pick of the week’s news and articles below.
Email marketing news and articles
- Creating brand love through your email newsletter | You can’t sign your company up to Match.com to find true love, but Jonathan Long at Entrepreneur thinks you can find love through your email newsletters…
- A guide to rendering differences in Microsoft Outlook clients | Coding email campaigns for Microsoft Outlook has always been a right pain in the…well, you know what I’m talking about if you’ve ever tried. This guide from Litmus popped up this week and I recommend you take a look if you’re ever involved in the email campaign design process.
- Not happy with your email metrics? Include a coupon | Email campaigns that include a coupon are more successful. Fact. See the statistics and learn more in this article from eMarketer.
Social media news and articles
- Photos boost retweets 35% | A recent Twitter report shows that Tweets with photos are 35% more likely to receive a retweet. B2B Marketing have looked at the figures, as well as other useful information gained from the report.
- How Disney uses social media: Vine, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram… | I love seeing how some of the world’s biggest brands use social media. In the latest in a line of articles, Econsultancy have taken a look at Disney.
- Social media marketing: how to take the local approach | While social media gives your company a potential global reach, it’s important to remember that a large number of your customers are most probably local. This article from Social Media Today shows you how it’s possible to target your local audience while using social media.
Marketing news and articles
- Introducing the periodic table of content marketing | As a marketer you’ll find this marketing periodic table from the lovely people at Econsultancy very handy. It’s definitely something for the office notice board.
- 5 obvious SEO trends for 2014 you’re probably ignoring anyway | Are you hot on 2014’s SEO methods? Check out this great infographic from Marketing Pilgrim on the trends you’re probably ignoring but shouldn’t be.
- Tory chairman Grant Shapps under fire over ‘beer and bingo’ Budget ad | Since the Budget was announced on Wednesday there has been a lot of online discussion surrounding the patronising ‘beer and bingo’ ad published by the Conservative chairman. If you’ve not yet seen it, make sure you check out this article from Brand Republic.
- DOGE2048 | Who needs a Playstation 4 or Xbox One when this game is in your life? I won’t spoil the surprise, but the aim is to move strange pictures of dogs together to find pairs. I just got a new high score of over 2,000. Let me know how you get on!
Image of the week
This week the people over at Google quietly announced the introduction of their new Android Wear operating system designed specifically for wearables, such as Motorola’s new Moto 360 smart watch. As an Apple fan-boy I’m not normally keen on Android announcements, but I have to be honest and say this looks good. Check out their marketing video on YouTube.
That concludes another Rundown Report. Be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news and interesting articles from the marketing world. Have a great weekend!