Welcome to the 15th edition of the Rundown Report. Catch up on this week’s online marketing industry goings-on through the following hand-picked news, stories and articles.
Email marketing news and articles
- Five dating tips you can apply to your email marketing | Are you getting in the Valentine’s Day spirit today? Econsultancy have taken a look at how some dating tips can be applied to your email campaigns. No, really!
- The generic email newsletter needs to die | Fed up of boring, generic email campaigns? So are the guys over at Entrepreneur. Check out this article on why they think these type of campaigns need to curl up and die.
- There’s more to email marketing than being really, really ridiculously good-looking | Some big companies are making it very difficult for us to want to click in their email campaigns. This article from Email Critic explains why.
Social media news and articles
- Tesco, Morrisons, TGI Friday’s and Greggs do battle for the best #bakingsongs on Twitter | Big brands are more frequently taking to Twitter to take part in banter with other big brands. The Drum have taken a look at the latest thread. What are your thoughts on these banter battles?
- Google+ registration doubles YoY but active users is another story | Google+ registrations may have gone up, but does that mean it’s the ‘happening’ place to be online? Judging by their active users stats, probably not. Marketing Pilgrim have taken a look.
- 8 compelling reasons why you should be using social media | Still trying to put off setting up those social media profiles everyone’s been telling you about? This article from Social Media Today shows why you should be moving it up your to-do list.
Marketing news and articles
- Bring traffic to your site with these 4 blogging alternatives | If your blog isn’t pulling in the vast amounts of traffic to your website you had hoped for, you could try these alternative suggestions from Entrepreneur.
- What is scarcity marketing and how should it be used? | Does scaring people into thinking an item is in short supply drive more sales? This article from Econsultancy explains how it works and whether you should use it.
- Integrating social media, direct and email marketing | There are huge benefits to integrating your social media, direct and email marketing activities. Check out this article from Social Media Today on why.
- Would you rather… | Everyone loves a good game of ‘Would you rather’, but coming up with ideas can often be tough. Well, not anymore! Check out rrrather.com for over 70,000 user submitted ideas.
Image of the week
This is what happens when you steal ice cream from the Marketing department… I’m sure it didn’t end well for the offender. Now you know folks: don’t steal from the Marketing team, especially not ice cream!
That’s all for the Rundown Report this week. Have a great weekend, and be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to me at email@example.com!