Welcome to the 13th edition of the Rundown Report. If you didn’t catch last week’s report, make sure you head over to that blog post and catch up now. As always, we’ve been trekking through the pages of the best marketing blogs and news websites to find the most interesting and relevant articles for you. Don’t forget to come back here every Friday afternoon to get up to date with the online marketing and social media scene.
Email marketing news and articles
- The day Google broke email: Gmail image caching not showing images | The introduction of Gmail image caching was a bit of a bold move by Google, and this week we saw the problems start. Email Blog have taken a look at why images are sporadically showing, or just not at all.
- Three simple automated email strategies every travel business should use | Automated and triggered emails generally receive much better open and click-through rates compared to general broadcast messages. Here, Econsultancy show you three ways to utilise this for your travel business.
- 4 simple ways to make sure you’re writing mobile-friendly emails | As email opens across mobile devices cross the 50% mark it’s important that your campaigns render nicely on mobile devices. Check out these tips from Deliverability on writing mobile-friendly emails.
Social media news and articles
- Dissecting the ‘death of Facebook’ | There has been quite a lot of talk about the demise of Facebook over the past couple of weeks. Econsultancy have pulled together a selection of the most recent negative reports. What do you think – is this the start of the end for Facebook?
- Pinterest gets even smarter with your interests | There have been some interesting updates to Pinterest this week and our very own Leanne Beale picked up the story (sorry, cheeky blog plug).
- 6 effective tips for maximising your Facebook Fan Page links | Does your business have a Facebook Fan Page? Check out these tips from Social Media Today on maximising links to your Page.
BONUS: Facebook reinvent Paper | This week saw the quiet announcement of a new service from Facebook called Paper. Due to launch on Monday 3rd February, it’s a new way to read and share stories you care about. This is one to watch…
Marketing news and articles
- How to find and use top quality images for your blog articles | Finding quality stock imagery for your marketing and blog can be a real headache. Let this article from Social Media Today act as your paracetamol.
- Google is changing – this means marketers must change as well | Marketing Magazine have taken a look into some expected Google search changes and what it could mean for online marketers.
- Five step mantra to convert prospects into fans | Struggling to turn those prospects into customers, or ‘fans’? Check out this article from Email Yogi on how to do just that.
- Build With Chrome | We’re huge lovers of LEGO here at Sign-Up.to (as you can see from our Vine channel), so when this website was released this week we were understandably very excited. You can literally build anything, right from within your browser. Bringing LEGO into the 21st Century is so rad.
Image of the week
This week my good friend Mac turned 30, so this Rundown Report goes out to Apple – cheers. Check out this little birthday video that Apple put together.
That’s all for the Rundown Report this week. Have a great weekend, and be sure to check out next week’s Rundown Report for more news from around the marketing world. Got any ideas of things we should feature next week? Email your suggestions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!